Out of Stock but will arrive in time for us to ship for Christmas: Fred and Kingie Dolls, Decimals and Percents
Due to changes in border crossing requirements we will be temporarily unable to ship to the USA or Internationally starting in January. We will be accepting USA and international orders until December 26th. We hope to be back shipping to the USA by March.
Presented by JOY Center of Learning
Math to fit your personal style
and unique students.
Life of Fred Language Arts
Life of Fred: Dreams
Life of Fred: Dreams
Click here to view a Sample Lesson
(Opens in a new window or tab)
- Brackets, parentheses, and braces
- Three ways to make a break in a sentence (commas, parentheses and dashes)
- How to type an em dash on a computer
- Which words ending in -nger are pronounced with a hard g
- Use of [sic]
- Where to put the question mark(s) in Did he ask, "What time is it"
- What to use instead of parentheses inside of parentheses
- Three uses of a dash
- When a question mark or an exclamation mark can touch a dash
- The only time a period can touch a dash
- When acronyms lose their periods or their capitalization
- Emphatic form of a verb
- Compound subjects
- Compound verbs
- Simple, compound, and complex sentences
- Coordinating and correlative conjunctions
- When to express numbers as words or as numerals
- Conjunctive adverbs
- Figurative language (comparison, degree, and association)
- Two rules for making outlines
- Parallel construction
- The difference between metaphor and metonymy
- Allusions in writing
- The four times to use the passive voice
- How to pronounce viz. e.g. and i.e.
- Three keys to good writing
- Unnecessary prepositions
- How to write an essay
- Two times you can use sentence fragments
- Three uses of the slash mark (/)
- Why we capitalize the pronoun I
Unlike all other language arts programs, this one also teaches about:
• Why kids don't go to jail
• Twenty-six research doctorates and two professional degree doctorates
• Ruminants and why horses are unlucky
• What not to say to little children
• Good spelling implies high IQ
• Inverse, converse, and contrapositive
• Logical equivalence
The answers are included in the textbook. Complete this book and you have finished High School Language Arts.
Life of Fred Dreams is a hardcover textbook containing 128 pages. This book is not consumable. All answers are written on separate paper or in a notebook.
Life of Fred Dreams contains 19 lessons and is designed to take approximately one month to complete.