Presented by JOY Center of Learning
Math to fit your personal style
and unique students.
Life of Fred Mathematics
Life of Fred Mineshaft
Life of Fred: Mineshaft
Click here to view a sample lesson
(Opens in a new window or tab)
- Milligrams and Pounds
- Rounding Numbers
- Three-eights of 19,416
- Is a Quart less than (<) a Duck?
- What to Do with Eleven Hours of Free Time Each Day
- Six Is What Fraction of 24?
- Post Meridiem
- Extending the Domain of a Function
- Perpendicular Lines
- Can a Four-sided Figure Have Exactly Three Right Angles?
- Cardinality of Sets
- Inverse Operations
- the Largest Cardinal Number Isn't Six
- Ounces, Gills, and Pints
- 30% of 270
- Division by 100
- Subtracting 3 oz. From 4 lbs. 2 oz.
- Subtracting 7 Minutes 25 Seconds from 20 Minutes 10 Seconds
- Subtracting 2 Gallons 1 Quart from 4 Gallons
- Chords of a Circle
- Three Definitions of Diameter
- Subtracting 40 Feet from 9 Miles
- Fahrenheit to Celsius Conversions
- Does x < y Imply y > x?
- Converting 39 Inches into Feet
- Finding the Sale Price after Taking 40% Off
- the Image of an Element in the Domain of a Function
- 63°F = 17 2/9°C
Unlike all other math programs, this one also teaches about:
• A Trillion Pounds of Rice to Cuba
• the Number of Stars in a Typical Galaxy
• What Piece of Leather Made Feudalism Possible
• Silent Letters
• Most Horses Achieve Few Outstanding Things in Life
• the Reason to Learn the Greek Alphabet
• Square Knots
• How Concrete Is Different than Cement
• Prolix vs. Laconic
• Freedom vs. Liberty
• Italicizing Book Titles
• Broiling vs. Pan Frying
• Freud, Skinner, and Maslow
• the Four Types of Sentences
• Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
• Steak for One-year-olds
• Questions People Have at Different Stages in Life
• Why You Won't Bump into Moby Dick in Kansas
• Indications Your Daughter Will Become an English Major
The answers are included in the textbook.
Click here to view a sample lesson (Opens in a new window or tab)
Life of Fred Mineshaft is a hardcover textbook containing 128 pages. This book is not consumable. All answers are written on separate paper or in a notebook. It is designed to be read with the student.
Life of Fred Mineshaft contains 19 lessons and is designed to take approximately one month to complete.